We are pleased to announce that The Indigenous Biocultural Exchange Fund (IBEX) Spring 2019 Competition is now accepting applications for events/exchanges falling between September 2019 and January 2020.
The Indigenous Biocultural Exchange Fund (IBEX) offers opportunities to attend a global biocultural event/exchange or a meeting of international significance which impacts the applicants’ home territory or region. This fund supports indigenous peoples and local communities to have a voice in the policies and forums that concern biocultural diversity at a global level.
- The Applicant must be Indigenous or a member of the local traditional community.
- Additional preference will be given to women, youth and first-time travelers.
- Funding is not available for those applying to an academic program.
- Maximum of $5,000.00 awarded funding (flexibility on budget submission).
- Award recipients are chosen by a competitive selection process and must use the awards to defray costs, which include:
- International Airfare
- Conference Fees
- Local Transportation
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance