The 2021 CC Global Summit will be going virtual again this year – join us 20-24 September, 2021 for an extra special event – Creative Commons is turning 20! We’ll be building off of the successes from our 2020 Summit to bring you another week filled with discussion and debate, workshops and planning, talks and community building.
Send us your Proposals!
Our Call for Proposals is now open. The CC Global Summit is open to anyone who is interested and we always welcome new faces and fresh ideas.
We’re seeking proposals that address the topics and issues outlined in the tracks below with a focus on actionable insights and outcomes – from case studies to workshops and storytelling sessions.
- Creators of the Commons – The faces, work, and stories of those building the Commons
- Powering the Commons – Exploring the tools, technology, and communities that power the Commons
- Open Education and Open Scholarships – Supporting communities that practice open access to education and scholarship
- Open Galleries, Libraries, Archies, and Museums – Improving and expanding open access to cultural heritage.
- Policy and Advocacy promoting the Commons – Strategies for legal action and copyright reform
The Hack4OpenGLAM will be returning to the 2021 Summit! Hack4OpenGLAM is a chance to get creative with Open Access cultural heritage. This year’s hackathon focuses on equity and the ethics of open sharing. We’re seeking Workshop Leaders – please apply through the Call for Proposals! Check out last year’s project dashboard for inspiration.
The CC Summit program wouldn’t be possible without our amazing volunteer Program Committee! We thank them for their dedication to creating a groundbreaking program so we can gather again this year to learn, share and create!
The deadline for submitting proposals is June 23, 2021. Please review the guidelines before submitting your proposal.