Master of Research and Public Policy scholarship in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania. Apply by 14th March 2016
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation working to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of women and men.
In its Higher Education Programme, PASGR works with twelve universities across seven African countries to implement a collaborative Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme. Six of the twelve universities are located in East Africa: Maseno University; Egerton University; Uganda Christian University; Uganda Martyrs University; University of Dar es Salaam; and Mzumbe University.
Call for applications:
PASGR invites applications from eligible candidates for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for the MRPP. The scholarships cover tuition fees to the university according to the submitted fees structure, a monthly stipend to cover living costs and accommodation (at DAAD rates), as well as an annual study and research allowance.
Eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study the Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme at any of the universities listed above. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results. The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
Note: Potential candidates who are not enrolled in the programme are advised to contact any of the universities listed above directly for admission.
Duration and commencement:
Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application using a specified form.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fully filled and signed Application Form;
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF. Please use the Europass CV template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates;
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts;
- Proof of admission to the desired degree course which may be a temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course, or an official letter assuring admission (scanned PDF copy);
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages in PDF); and,
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy).
Application procedure and deadline:
A complete application form must be sent to PASGR – email@example.com – together with all the application documents listed above by Monday, March 14, 2016 at 1700hrs.